Ways to Raise a Reader:
1.Read aloud every day to your child.
2. Be a reader yourself. Children learn from what they see.
3. Make reading a special time; get excited about the new books and illustrators that are out there.
4. Find special author’s to follow whose work you both like.
5. Go to the library, book store or start a book club/swap for children your child’s age.
12 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Follow Maggie on Facebook!
- There is NO such thing as ‘Privacy’ on Facebook:
- Should You Be Your Child's Facebook Friend?
- Ways to Raise a Reader:
- Mind Your p's & q's: When Your Child Reverses Letters
- Building Your Child's Vocabulary
- Book Reviews
- Classroom Talk
- College Prep
- Early Childhood Issues
- Guest Posts
- Ideas for Teachers/Parents Elementary
- Infants and Toddlers
- Middle School Issues
- Organizational Tips
- Reading Instruction
- SAT Prep
- School's Out
- Science Fun
- Sight words vs. Phonics
- Tales From 1st Grade
- Teacher Trouble