Three Reasons to Memorize a Poem
1. Children learn that words and sounds can have a rhythmic pattern.
2. Poetry develops and deepens understanding of vocabulary words.
3. Children learn how to “play with” oral language. Besides being able to articulate words they discover that voice tone often leads to artistic expression.
Leave a comment
Follow Maggie on Facebook!
- There is NO such thing as ‘Privacy’ on Facebook:
- Should You Be Your Child's Facebook Friend?
- Ways to Raise a Reader:
- Mind Your p's & q's: When Your Child Reverses Letters
- Building Your Child's Vocabulary
- Book Reviews
- Classroom Talk
- College Prep
- Early Childhood Issues
- Guest Posts
- Ideas for Teachers/Parents Elementary
- Infants and Toddlers
- Middle School Issues
- Organizational Tips
- Reading Instruction
- SAT Prep
- School's Out
- Science Fun
- Sight words vs. Phonics
- Tales From 1st Grade
- Teacher Trouble